Improve the Health & Safety or our Clients and our Community.
Support individuals who have experienced abuse in intimate adult relationships in their journey towards healthy self-directed lives and respectful relationships.
In order to participate in the group program, you must first be enrolled in the one on one counselling. This is to ensure that you are prepared for a group-counselling environment, and that your particular issues are appropriate for the group program. Counselling groups are for women interested in healing, sharing, learning and growing together with other women in a caring supportive environment.
Groups offer the opportunity to focus on the following:
- Understanding abusive relationships and trauma.
- Tools to promote healing, addressing challenging emotions.
- Tools to promote self-care, self-compassion, self-love, and empowerment.
- Learning how to trust yourself and create positive changes.
- One on one counselling is designed to empower women to lead a life free of violence, and/or physical or mental abuse, supporting them on their journey towards healthy lives and respectful relationships.
- Short term or long term individual counselling with qualified Counsellors, who are also Trauma-Informed. DFNT provides a safe and non-judgmental environment.
- Sessions may include; safety planning, goal setting, emotional support, and recognizing unhealthy relationships.
- There is a onetime administration fee of $5.00 at the second session. Counselling Services are self-referral and through community services.
- Our counselling sessions are available to women 16 years of age and up. DFNT counselling is available in St. Catharines, West Lincoln, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, Welland and Port Colborne.
Design for a New Tomorrow participates in raising public awareness regarding domestic violence throughout the community. If your company or organization is interested in finding out more about Design for a New Tomorrow and how we can educate and support your colleagues or groups, contact us.
- DFNT participates in raising public awareness regarding domestic violence throughout the community.
- DFNT offers free, in person and virtual presentations to groups and other agencies in the community.
- Presentations provide education on the red flags of abusive relationships, impact and type of abuse, and how to support victims of abuse.
- Presentations also includes a description of DFNT’s services and how to access them.
- Call or email to book your presentation.
We support women of all ages.
We provide programs and services that are equitable and inclusive of culture, free of racism and discrimination.
Privacy and confidentiality
Privacy and Confidentiality are key concepts of counselling and must be protected at all costs. DFNT is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. The information you provide will be used to assist in the proper administration of counselling services and to keep you informed about programs and services. We do not release client names or information under any circumstances, unless require by law.
We are, however, obligated to report cases as the following:
· Child neglect or abuse is suspected or known.
· Another person’s life is threatened or threatening to harm yourself or someone else.
· Breach of probation.
· Court order.
Interpreter’s Services are available if needed in a variety of languages. Please request at the time of booking your appointment.
DFNT is securely located downtown St. Catharines at 60 James Street, Suite 502, L2R 7E7.
DFNT is strategically located near public transport with easy bus access.
There is pay parking available for clients who wish to drive.
For information on public transport, schedules please call St. Catharines Transit
at 905-687-5555 or visit www.yourbus.com
- That you will make any arrangements necessary to ensure that you can attend regularly in order to benefit from our services.
- That you will notify us 24 hours in advance, if you need to cancel. (If you miss 2 appointments without contacting us we will assume that you no longer require counselling and your customary appointment time wi8ll be filled by another client.) Clients are always welcome to return.
- If you call to cancel, it is important that you confirm or re-schedule your next appointment and keep it so that we can continue to provide you with our service.
- When you cancel in good time, you give another woman the benefit of your appointment.
Who can seek counselling at Design?
Our Counselling sessions are available to women 16 years of age and up.
We Support individuals who have experienced abuse in intimate adult relationships in their journey towards healthy self-directed lives and respectful relationships.
How much does it cost?
There is a one-time administration fee of $5.00 at the second counselling session. Counselling Services are self-referral and through community services.
Where can I get help in the Region?
Counselling is available in St. Catharines, West Lincoln, Welland, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, and Port Colborne.
See the get help list.
Design For A New Tomorrow Hours
Monday to Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30PM
In the event of inclement weather, all appointments will be online or by phone.
For Emergencies Dial 911.
Additional Support Service Providers:
|Women’s Place of South Niagara
|(905) 788-0113 or (905) 356-5800
|West Niagara Second Stage Housing